Re: Execute .sql files using Oracle Stored procedures

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 12:34:05 +0200

On 1 Oct 2003 02:38:53 -0700, jitinsingla_at_yahoo.com (Jitin) wrote:

>Since I can freely make use of JDBC calls, i read the .sql file, parse
>the statements one by one and execute the statements using
>statement.executeUpdate() but this is very slow and not desired.

As if creating tables on the fly from a Javaclient is desired. It would make every DBA shudder with fright. The only other alternative is using PL/SQL's execute immediate. Of course it wouldn't be faster, because it runs in the client. Please reconsider whether you want to continue to use this crappy bike-shed development 'method' or whether you want to end up in hell.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA