Re: A PROBLEM: installing Oracle 9i under Linux.

From: Dale Edgar <Dale_at_DataBee.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:02:39 +0000 (UTC)

On 29 Sep 2003 10:00:39 -0700, norwoodthree_at_my-deja.com (NorwoodThree) wrote:

>Wrong RedHat Version. Oracle certifies RedHat Advanced Server 2.1.

I don't think this is the problem. I installed on Redhat 8 and the installation went very well. More likely the problem is corruption in the download. I did the disk install (not the CD) like the original poster and my cpio extract on all 3 downloads finished without errors.

Also I followed the instructions on these pages: http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle9i.shtml http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Oracle-9i-RH8-and-RH9-HOWTO.html

Kind regards
Dale

DataBee DBATool - Freeware - the easy way to generate DDL scripts from an existing Oracle Database. http://www.DataBee.com/dt_home.htm Received on Tue Sep 30 2003 - 04:02:39 CDT