dbms_stats.gather_system_stats...

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 15:02:20 +0200

Hi!
I'm trying to use dbms_stats.gather_system_stats for the CBO. So, when I entered dbms_stats.gather_system_stats(gathering_mode=>'INTERVAL',interval=>10); I expected it to collect statistics for 10 minutes and then finish. Now, when I look at the job queue I see it scheduled for some dates I definitely hadn't in mind, like some time during the next 2 hours or so. What I'd like to achieve is for it to gather for 10 minutes, update whatever CBO settings it thinks worth and then start the next measuring cycle. Or maybe 5 minutes measuring, 5 minutes doing nothing.
What am I doing wrong?
I'm using 9.2.0.4 on a RH Es machine.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker Received on Tue Sep 30 2003 - 08:02:20 CDT