UTL_FILE_DIR

From: Steve Vannoy <steven.vannoy_at_dot.state.ia.us>
Date: 30 Sep 2003 09:50:40 -0700

Thanks in advance.

I have a test 9i database and a developer has posted a question to me.  The question is....

"When calling a procedure to upload a file, can these files be located someplace other than 'e:\data' on the oracle servers? If so we would like to create a few office subdirectories on a network server."

I have allowed users/developers access to a folder on the server for procedures I/O. As far as I know access cannot be made to other servers on the network even for java stored procs. Is that right?

Thanks again..
Steve Received on Tue Sep 30 2003 - 11:50:40 CDT