Customising portal interfaces

From: news.amnet.net.au <hugo_at_geoinformex.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 09:32:56 +0800

Hi

I have recently installed Oracle and have to say I am relatively new to its functionality. I have a question in regards to portal development. We have made some reports in order to display table information in a portlet. Part of the functionality available to the user is to customise what is going to be displayed in the table i.e. like a view. If a user clicks on the "customise" button the user can also display the sql query to the database.

What I would like to do is use that sql query to get the information from the database, then put the returned values in perhaps a set of ArrayLists (or use existing ones), then write the values out to a text delimited file. In short, I would like to enhance my customisation page so I can write the table values away to a delimited list - which then can be imported by other programs.

This of course requires me to change the underlying Oracle code for portlets and I am well aware I have to be careful with that. I would have to make a field so people can put in a delimiter of their choice and I have to let them save the output file somewhere as well.

What would be the best way of going about this? And how exactly do I find the source jsp file that I need to change (this, presumably, is the one that renders the customisation page then does the sql query and returns values to the portlet).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hugo Received on Tue Sep 30 2003 - 20:32:56 CDT