Re: A PROBLEM: installing Oracle 9i under Linux.

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_no.spam.yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:44:55 GMT

NorwoodThree wrote:

> Wrong RedHat Version. Oracle certifies RedHat Advanced Server 2.1.
>
> Hope this helps

I have 9ir2 running on 7.2, didnt go as smooth as SuSE 7.3 install, but there are a lot more howtos etc. out there for RH installs.

In any case, for your problem try unset LANG before running the installer, but I ran into this more when installing 8i on SuSE, however, give it a go and see what happens.

Anyway, http://www.puschitz.com/ has lots of reading, check it out if you havent already...

hth Received on Mon Sep 29 2003 - 12:44:55 CDT