Re: setting uo variables when linux starts

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_no.spam.yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:59:50 GMT

Howard J. Rogers wrote:

> Helder Lopes wrote:
>

>>Hello :
>>I installed Linux SUSE 8 with Oracle 9ias and i'm trying to set up the
>>variables when the box starts up.
>>
>>Which is the best way to do that ??
>>
>>thanks
>>
>>Helder Lopes

> Which variables? All the 'ORACLE_HOME' and 'ORACLE_BASE' ones?
>
> If so, in Red Hat, I use .bashrc for the user. For SuSe, I seem to remember
> it was .profile.
>
> Regards
> HJR
SuSE I think it might be in .bash_profile, but could be .bashrc...

BTW Howard - how goes the Oracle install on Mandrake?

My last 9ir2 on SuSE7.3 went soooo smooth (still dont know why:-) that I'm contemplating loading it on my Mdk 8.2 box at home, getting brave, I may even take a stab at installing it on one of the BSD's if that goes well!

cheers1 Received on Mon Sep 29 2003 - 15:59:50 CDT