Re: Is it possible to recover just one datafile/tablespace "until cancel"?

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:21:27 GMT

Yes...as I've stated in your other thread. Here are the steps:

  1. Restore datafile from backup
  2. STARTUP MOUNT
  3. RECOVER DATAFILE 'filename' UNTIL CACNEL;
  4. Apply logs and choose CANCEL at any time
  5. ALTER DATABASE OPEN RESETLOGS; (since you did incomplete recovery)
  6. Take a complete backup

HTH,
Brian

Stan Brown wrote:

> Is it possible to recover _just one_ datafile (which coantins one
> tablespace) using the until cancel option. The instnace is 7.3.4.5 if it
> matters.
>
> If this is possible, could someone give me example ayntax, I seem to not
> understand it.
>
> --
> "They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve
> neither liberty nor safety."
> -- Benjamin Franklin

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com