Re: LMT advice

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:41:57 GMT

> I like uniform and the 1M size for uniform too.
>
> With autoallocate with LMT, is there an easy way to see if extents will be
> able to get their next size? Or , is this handled - just max out the
> datafile ?

I think that we've already shown that with AUTOALLOCATE, if a 8M extent is request as the next extent, it doesn't mean that you have to worry that you have 8M of contiguous free space available. So this relieves us from having to worry about as much as we had to in the past. As long as there is 8M free (and it can be non-contiguous), AUTOALLOCATE will still allocate the next extent.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com