Re: Enhancing large table performance

From: Daniel Roy <danielroy10junk_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 29 Sep 2003 13:16:43 -0700

If you have multiple CPU's, you might want to try to use the PARALLEL clause of your "create table ... as select ... from ..." statement. Also use NOLOGGING. The result will be "create table ... nologging parallel X as select ...", where X is the number of parallel processes you want to use. Finding the optimum value for X is a whole science/art in itself. I find myself that 4 or 5 is often the optimum, if you have enough CPU's.

Daniel