Re: Commit select-statement ?

From: Michael Kuznetsov <mvk_at_servocomp.ru>
Date: 29 Sep 2003 08:21:25 -0700

Hi Melanie,

There isn't any reason to commit select statements in oracle at all. You only waste time and network traffic. Commit has a sense only after insert, update or delete statements (And also not after each statement. Only when logic of your program needs it).

Regards,
Michael
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Programming
http://www.brainbench.com