Re: Commit select-statement ?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 10:39:03 -0700

Melanie Bieber wrote:

>Hello guys,
>
>I am looking for a official statement of oracle,
>because one of our software developer told me to commit every
>select-statement.
>
>I think, we don`t have to do that, because you do only a read-only transaction,
>so where is the reason for this???
>
>Thx4all hints...
>
>Melanie

Send the developer for training or replace them with someone qualified to do the job.

There might be some obscure justification under extraordinary and unusual conditions for doing this. But anyone that would just make this statement, as is, should not be allowed to continue working with others.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu