Re: Suggestions for first exam ...

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 13:28:10 +0200

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 18:47:15 +1000, "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>And why in God's name would I want to convince a customer to "replace a
>server" when all that is actually needed, it would seem, is a bit more disk
>space??

Which isn't possible in this situation, as I explained. Anyway, you seem to think you just call or email your customer to order a drive. That's NOT the way things work here. May be it penny-wise or pound-foolish, customer pays to maintain the server, customer doesn't want to pay for extra hardware. Seems like you are unable to understand that.
BTW: You aren't saying you are never making rude comments here? I have to laugh.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Sep 27 2003 - 06:28:10 CDT