Oracle 9i RAC on RH Linux on HP out-of-the-box cluster

From: <wolf_jasper2003_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 Sep 2003 11:58:27 -0700

We are planning to set up a 2 node Oracle 9i RAC cluster (with RH Enterprise Linux AS 2.1).

We consider the following HP hardware: two HP Proliant DL380 G3 with 2 x 3.06 GHZ CPU's (1MB L3) with 2048 MB RAM, a Smart Array 5302 (the Smart Array 5i Controller will be used for the internal/local disks) with a Smart Array Cluster Storage. A fibre channel configuration seems to expensive.

I find the selection of tools that HP offers for Linux RAC clusters rather confusing. Do I require a PDC for Linux cluster kit? Secure Path v3 for Linux Workgroup Edition? HP Proliant Parallel Database Cluster Linux RAC kit? SteelEye Lifekeeper? The info I've got from HP pre-sales is not very clear.

If you have any experience with out-of-the-box cluster solutions from HP for Oracle 9i RAC please do not hesitate to write your comments.

Which HP software components besides RH Linux and the Oracle Software a realy required to realize a small cluster? Thanks for your kind attention!

Regards,

Jasper Received on Sat Sep 27 2003 - 13:58:27 CDT