Re: TNS Listener (9i) Uses Port 8080

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Sep 2003 09:26:01 -0700

"Tim Rogers" <trogersREMOVETHIS_at_servigistics.com> wrote in message news:<bl1ftp$u8g$1_at_sun-news.laserlink.net>...
> I should've included this with my last reply, but here is the listener
> section of my listener.ora file:
>
> //begin listing
>
> LISTENER =
> (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
> (DESCRIPTION =
> (ADDRESS_LIST =
> (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
> )
> (ADDRESS_LIST =
> (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = SEATTLE)(PORT = 1521))
> )
> )
> )
>
> //end listing
>
> It looks like 1521 is the port it should use. But, for some reason port
> 8080 is being used as well. I'm using the utility TCPView to see what ports
> TNSLSNR.exe is using.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim Rogers

Tim,

If you do not need the EXTPROC listener functionality, you can comment out or remove that section of the file (or do the same via the Net Manager utility).

You can checkout docs on Metalink or on Pete Finnegan's site as to how to secure the Oracle TNS Listener. At least put a password on it and disable remote administration.

Paul Received on Sat Sep 27 2003 - 11:26:01 CDT