Re: One Listener for two differerent oracle home

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 23:52:22 +0200

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 16:31:31 +0200, "Gabriele Lamon" <g.lamon.UGO_at_mcg-econ.it> wrote:

>Is it possible to use the listener of the Oracle9iR2 (9.2.0.4.0)
>database with another database in another ORACLE_HOME with different
>version (9.0.2.0.4)?

yes
>I've tryed this configuration but with the second db I always get:
>
>ERROR:
>ORA-12514: TNS:listener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect
>descriptor

The service_name is defined in init.ora of the database. It doesn't match the service_name you are using in your tnsnames.ora You are showing a listener with sid_name definitions. These are used for backwards compatibility only.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Sep 26 2003 - 16:52:22 CDT