Why does my Oracle instabce want an archivelog from the future?

From: Stan Brown <stanb_at_panix.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 00:50:50 +0000 (UTC)

I'm trying to recover a V7 instnace that suffered a disk crash this morning.

One of the techniques that I'm trying is to use point in time recovery. But it seems to want an archivelog file from a point in time that is _past_ the point I'm recovering to. Why is this?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin