Data Guard query

From: Alistair Thomson <alistair_at_despammed.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:10:11 +0100

Hi

O/S Solaris 9
Oracle 9i release 2, latest patch

I have two identical servers, Sunfire 280R's in a standby configuration. The standby configuration was created using the data guard tool. The database configuration is in Maximum Availability mode and works okay.

Whilst testing the switchover and Failover I noticed that on rebuilding the standby database and switching the databases back to their original configuration the parameter

log_archive_dest_3= service="(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)

(HOST=nell.xynomix.com)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=prods)
(ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/product/920)(SERVER=DEDICATED)))",
   ARCH SYNC NOAFFIRM delay=0 OPTIONAL max_failure=0    reopen=300 register

was set? I already have log_archive_dest_2 set and enabled. Why is this being set and from where is it getting the information? It's not set in the pfile or spfile! I'm a bit puzzled. I tried removing the entries using

alter system set xxxxxx scope =both;

but when you bounce the database they just come back!

Any thoughts or advice greatly appreciated.

Alistair Received on Thu Sep 25 2003 - 09:10:11 CDT