Re: RMAN won't write to mapped drive under Windows

From: Domenic G. <domenicg_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Sep 2003 11:41:41 -0700

Paul,

Thank you very much for the detailed and informative response. I'm using RMAN with 9.2.0.4. Normally I use RMAN to dump to disk and have the network backup come around and pick up the files later on. Getting RMAN to dump directly to tape looks like a pain. I changed all the Oracle Services to log on as Domain Admin but this doesn't work ...

run {

   backup

      format '\\servername\sharename$\foldername\%U'
      database plus archivelog delete input;
}

With RMAN 9i, I know the RUN {} is not needed in this case, but it seems to me RMAN just can't write to a remote machine under Windows like this. I think I'm going to log a TAR with Oracle to see if it is possible.

Thanks again,

Domenic.