Question on Creating a Package

From: Gerald Mulholland <geraldmulholland_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:04:39 -0400

I have created a package in which a file is opened (utilizing UTL_FILE package)for redirecting output. I would like to open the file only once when the database is started and reference the "FILE_TYPE" returned from "UTL_FILE.FOPEN" as a package variable that is valid across sessions. Currently each time I exit SQL the variable is lost, forcing the package to reopen the file.

Is there any way of keeping a package variable persistence?

PS: Directing output to a table would be the best option, but at this point in time I can not alter the existing table structor. Received on Wed Sep 24 2003 - 10:04:39 CDT