New Oracle server installation on Windows

From: Jackie <jackie_ol_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Sep 2003 07:23:20 -0700

Hi all!
First of all I must say that I am new to Oracle server. Today I installed Oracle 8.1.6 on a Windows server 2003 machine. The installer hang when I run setup.exe from the cd, I copied all the contents to hard drive and run setup from that location, the installation went fine without errors.
I was going to copy an existing database from another server so I didn't create a new database with DBCA. I restarted the system, but now I can't find a way to connect to server and copy the existing database.
When I run srvmgrl I receive the famous ORA-12560 error. I can't understand, it is a new installation and I can't do anything with it. I need help...

Thanks in advance. Received on Wed Sep 24 2003 - 09:23:20 CDT