Re: I/O performance metrics?

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:43:21 GMT

"M. R. Frisk" <chunt_bag_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:1883fd10.0309240109.5573eca7_at_posting.google.com...
> I'm looking to extract I/O performance metrics from the v$ tables in
> oracle such as time spent waiting on i/o for each session, tablespace and
> datafiles. Is this possible through the v$ tables?

Hi MR Frisk,

v$ views of possible interest include v$session_wait, v$session_event (both of which have events beginning with "db file" that would be useful), v$filestat, v$tempstat ...

Check out the Reference manual for the nitty gritty.

Note that you can also narrow down useful wait metrics for sessions of interest by tracing these sessions with the 10046 event.

Cheers

Richard Received on Wed Sep 24 2003 - 07:43:21 CDT