Re: Inserting performance issue

From: James Williams <willjamu_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 00:00:14 GMT

On 23 Sep 2003 12:11:50 -0700, dzhang2k_at_yahoo.com (don) wrote:

You should.

1.Check commit frequency and resultant log file sync time. 2. Check DBWR statistics. Does your platform support ASYNC I/O for instance. If not then I/O slaves in order.

3. Are you using bulk binds. If not check it out.
4. Roll back segment waits. Select * from v$waitstat;.
5. Disk performance. Would your redo's be on RAID5 for instance.

There is other stuff. free list mangement etc, for instance.