Re: DB recovery after OS crash, ORA-01210, ORA-01251

From: Tanel Poder <change_to_my_first_name_at_integrid.info>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 00:54:26 +0300

> I already thought about that, after dbv gave me the answer just one
> block seems bad. Bud does anyone know how to address this block in the
> file? I could edit the damaged datafile and paste the specific block of
> the good datafile into it.
> Does anybody know if this would work?

No, this definitely won't work, unless you got a good hex editor. Easier way would be to use dd with iseek (or skip) and count parameters to get the correct block out of the healthy file and use dd with skip again for getting all blocks except the corrupt one from original datafile. Then just use cat or dd to concatenate the parts together (in right order).

Ah, you are on windows? Then either copy the files to unix for modifying or download Cygwin32 for windows from http://www.cygwin.com/ , this gives you complete set of unix commands on Windows.

Tanel. Received on Tue Sep 23 2003 - 16:54:26 CDT