Re: how does oracle handle bit errors?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 21:39:37 +0200

On 23 Sep 2003 11:33:11 -0700, rgaffuri_at_cox.net (Ryan Gaffuri) wrote:

>Is it possible for data to get corrupted so that say an 'A' value can
>be changed to a 'B', or will orcle give you an error every time this
>happens? Does the checksum parameter help with this at all?

Corruptions are very rare. Usually they are a result of people screwing up datafiles from the outside. Oracle will detect the corruption and throw an error.
The checksum parameter of course has a massive performance overhead.

You seem to have little to do nowadays, as you are consistently investigating issues, that will easily bring a database on it's knees, and consequently nobody cares about.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Sep 23 2003 - 14:39:37 CDT