Re: DB recovery after OS crash, ORA-01210, ORA-01251

From: Stefan Burger <s_burger_at_t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 17:43:03 +0200

Tanel Poder wrote:
> "Pete Finnigan" <pete_at_petefinnigan.com> wrote in message
>

>>Hi
>>
>>Strangely the same subject has just been discussed in detail on Jareds
>>ORACLE-L list, go over to fatcity.com and search the archives for DUL,
>>there were two threads about this subject and alternatives to DUL last

> Yeah, a partitcularily interesting suggestion was to create a dummy database
> with the same physical structure that in original database, then replace
> original datafile header blocks with dummy datafile headers...
>
> Tanel.

I already thought about that, after dbv gave me the answer just one block seems bad. Bud does anyone know how to address this block in the file? I could edit the damaged datafile and paste the specific block of the good datafile into it.
Does anybody know if this would work?

Stefan Received on Tue Sep 23 2003 - 10:43:03 CDT