ADO & PL/SQL: Return cursor from procedure (performance question)

From: Eric Fortin <emfortin_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 13:01:15 GMT

I know that bind variables are the way to go for creating recordsets (cursors) using ado. I'm also looking for alternatives;

What about creating a procedure that uses dynamic sql to return a recordset?

Pseudo...

create package...

type retcursor is ref cursor;

procedure GetEmps(p_ID in number, p_cursor out retcursor)

open p_cursor for select * from emp where empno = p_ID;

end...

Will this perform as well as using bind variables? Received on Tue Sep 23 2003 - 08:01:15 CDT