Re: oracle 9i replication

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:27:22 GMT

"ginos" <me_at_privacy.net> wrote in message news:bkpapk$46tfh$2_at_ID-203138.news.uni-berlin.de...
> On 9/22/03 5:43 PM, Brian Peasland wrote:
>
> > Have a look at Oracle Streams or Advanced Replication.
>
> Are they two different techniques or the same one?
>
> I am just trying to figure out what docs I should start reading from!
>
> Thanks!

They are two different techniques. Oracle Streams is a relatively newer technology which is supposed to have a broader scope than Advanced Replication (and personally I feel that some day Streams might make Advanced Replication an obsolete technology).

That said, Advanced replication is a relatively mature technology.

You might just be needing a hot standby (DataGuard) though.

Anurag Received on Tue Sep 23 2003 - 07:27:22 CDT