Oracle 9i: Adding Databases in the Enterprise Manager Standalone Console

From: Andreas Walter <awaltx_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:02:19 +0200

Hi,

I have the following problem with the Oracle 9i Enterprise Manager Standalone Console:
In our institute, we have locally installed the Oracle 9i Clients on Windows Hosts, where every file in the installation folder, which is C:\oracle, is readable and executable by any user in the network domain to ensure that any user can start the client software. Additionally, the file tnsnames.ora in the folder C:\oracle\ora92\network\admin is writable by any user so that anybody can add his/her net service names to connect to a database.
The problem is:
Everytime the Enterprise Manager Standalone Console is started, the databases which have been added to the "Databases" tree have to be added again, since these settings are not written to disk. I assume that there is another file which has to be made writable by any user so that the settings concerning the databases in the tree remain persistent. Does anyone know which file that is?

Regards,
Andreas Walter. Received on Tue Sep 23 2003 - 03:02:19 CDT