Indexes on Global Temporary Tables

From: Sally <sally_al2003_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 22 Sep 2003 06:54:33 -0700

My indexes created on Global Temporary Tables are being stored (according to sys.pluggable_set_check) in the system tablespace. The user creating these tables has no quota in the system tablespace. The system tablespace is not a default for the user.

This causes problems with transportable tablespace exports, I am having to drop the temporary tables before I can do them.

Oracle say this is not a bug :

Has anybody else come across this, I can't find anything here, on Tom or with Oracle.

I'm failing to see why it isn't a bug, could it fill the system tablespace, or is it just a marker and no "actual" space is used?

Any information to enlighten me would be a great help.

Thanks

Sal. Received on Mon Sep 22 2003 - 08:54:33 CDT