Re: installing Oracle on Slackware Linux 9.0

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_nospamtelusplanet.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:38:05 GMT

xavan wrote:

> Ok and for the installtion of gcc 295 there are no problem of having
> simultaneous two versions of gcc?
>
> Have I to specify something special during the installation process
> of gcc 295?

A lot depends on your install method. If you are using a Package Manager you can specify the target directory. If you are installing 'manually from source', most makefiles tend to permit an alt target instead of the default.

Either way, you want to put this gcc into a seperate directory (frequently /usr/local) from your gcc 3.x and you want to ensure the associated libraries do not overlay the regular ones.

If you want to dig into this a bit more, you can go to SuSE's web site (http:/www.suse.com) and wander into the 'Business Products > Software Certifications > Oracle > Support Matrix' area and look at the supprting docco. Some of the docs discuss this in more detail. Received on Mon Sep 22 2003 - 08:38:05 CDT