Re: installing Oracle on Slackware Linux 9.0

From: Harald Maier <maierh_at_myself.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 08:20:28 +0200

xavan <member40580_at_dbforums.com> writes:

> Ok and for the installtion of gcc 295 there are no problem of having
> simultaneous two versions of gcc?

To have two gcc versions is not a problem. Make sure that the install user points to the right gcc executable. You can do this as following:

  $ export PATH=/opt/gcc-2.95/bin:$PATH

To verify your settings you can use the following command:

  $ gcc -v

> Have I to specify something special during the installation process
> of gcc 295?

No, the above should be enough.

Harald Received on Mon Sep 22 2003 - 01:20:28 CDT