Re: question about rollback and redo

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 22:07:13 +0100

The rollback record for an index entry is the index entry plus the same overhead
of about 80 bytes.

The redo record is then two change vectors, one which is the 'purge leaf entry' from the index block change, and one which is the 'restore leaf entry' from the rollback block. Both records hold the index entry, plus
the usual change vector overheads.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

  The educated person is not the person
  who can answer the questions, but the
  person who can question the answers -- T. Schick Jr

One-day tutorials:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html

____Finland__September 22nd - 24th
____Norway___September 25th - 26th