Re: I'm being subjected to a DOS attack...

From: Stu Charlton <stuartc_at_mac.com>
Date: 20 Sep 2003 08:25:12 -0700

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:<3f6bd495$0$6526$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...
> Well, the title might be a bit dramatic, and I imagine it's happening to
> others as well, but in the last 48 hours, my yahoo mailbox has been filling
> every 2 hours with 'Would you like to install this Microsoft Patch (a.k.a a
> virus)' mails. They are about 150K each, and within 2 hours, my mailbox is
> full.

My mac.com mailbox has been getting the same thing, around 50 mails every 4 hours. But fortunately they've been stripping all of the attachments out through the server-based anti virus software. Around 1 in 20 attachments seems to get through which might imply the worm is mutating ....

Stu Received on Sat Sep 20 2003 - 10:25:12 CDT