Re: I'm being subjected to a DOS attack...

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 00:25:11 -0700

Howard J. Rogers wrote:

>Well, the title might be a bit dramatic, and I imagine it's happening to
>others as well, but in the last 48 hours, my yahoo mailbox has been filling
>every 2 hours with 'Would you like to install this Microsoft Patch (a.k.a a
>virus)' mails. They are about 150K each, and within 2 hours, my mailbox is
>full.
>
>I've had a few before now, but nothing like this sustained onslaught.
>
>Basically, if you are trying to reach me, please try
>aldeburgh<removemebecauseI'mnotwanted>@optusnet.com.au at least for a few
>days (I don't check it often usually).
>
>I feel the death of howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au coming on.
>
>Come on guys: it can't be *that* hard to pass 212 pieces of legislation and
>make it illegal in every country on the face of the planet!
>
>Regards, and in his Anderson shelter
>HJR

Same here. I can't help but wonder what person at Yahoo is incapable of filtering out this virus before it fills every byte of DASD they own.

This pretend Microsoft email has been running around the net for months. By now you'd think they'd have had a cup of coffee an woken up.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu