Re: Physical Layout of disk to use Oracle

From: Hari Om <hari_om_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Sep 2003 15:10:14 -0700

Thanks Howard again!

Here is my final draft...after brain stromming for 6 hrs......

Basically, I am first MIRRORING (Hardware RAID 1) and then stripping (RAID 0) thereby implementing RAID 1+0.

hdisk0 + hdisk 1 --> aix --> RAID 1 and then RAID 0 --> AIX OS + Oracle SW

hdisk2 + hdisk 3 --> datadict -->RAID 1 and then RAID 0 --> SYSTEM Tablespace
If one of this disk crashes I have another mirrored redundant disk !

hdisk4 + hdisk 5 --> redo1 --> RAID 1 and then RAID 0 --> REDO LOGS GROUP 1 + ARCHIEVE Destination.

hdisk6 + hdisk 7 --> redo2 --> RAID 1 and then RAID 0 --> REDO LOGS GROUP 2 + ARCHIEVE Destination.

In this I am using MULTIPLEXING and MIRRORING. MIRRORING is achieved with disk 4&5 and with disk 5&6 and Multiplexing is achieved with redo1 and redo2.

hdisk8 + hdisk 9 + hdisk10 + hdisk11+ hdisk12 + hdisk 13 --> data --> RAID 1 and then RAID 0 --> DATA Files

NOTE: aix,datadict,redo1,redo2,data are the names to my RAID Arrays respectively.......

Also, hdisk0 and hdisk1 each are 18 GB and others are 36GB each.

Can I have REDO Logs and ARCHIEVE at same place...?

Any comments/issues on above plan...?