Re: How to tell if bind variables are being used?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 20:16:51 +0200

On 19 Sep 2003 10:33:01 -0700, rgaffuri_at_cox.net (Ryan Gaffuri) wrote:

>Are there any scripts that you can use to determine whether
>applications are using bind variables?

Check out v$sql_bind_data and v$sql_bind_meta_data If your statement doesn't appear in this view, it is not using bind variables.

You could of course also determine the parse to execute ratio from the system statistics

>also are there any scripts to determining whether people are
>committing too frequently?

I once determined the number of operations per transaction by using the logminer views. Simply group operation by scn and you are there. If 1 operation per transaction, so committing every individual record, you are committing too often

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Sep 19 2003 - 13:16:51 CDT