Re: Can't log in any more - Help

From: Turkbear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:50:16 -0500

"K Kien" <kurrabakien_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>I bought a new and bigger harddisk and migrated to it using Symantec Ghost
>7.5. Everything else works fine except Oracle. When I try to login using
>'Scott' - 'tiger', it gives me an error.
>
>"ERROR:
>ORA-01033: ORACLE initialisation or shutdown in progress"
>
>I'm new to Oracle, can anybody please help me how to fix this problem?
>
>Note:
> I'm using:
> W2K Server SP3
> Oracle 9i
> 512Mb RAM
> 120gig HD in 6 partitions
> Oracle program is installed in C:\ but database is
>in E:\. In the old harddisk it works fine but in new one I don't
>know what's wrong.
>
>Regards
>

>---

Sounds like somewhere in the Ghosting process some garbage was left in the Oracle directories that convinces Oracle that the database is in an unstable state..

First, try connecting 'AS SYSDBA' and issuing a shutdown abort - then restart it. Have you tried restarting the Oracle<sid> service? Received on Fri Sep 19 2003 - 09:50:16 CDT