Re: Return value from SSORunning function is INVALID

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Sep 2003 07:25:37 -0700

dbuckingham <member8912_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message news:<3389011.1063945256_at_dbforums.com>...

> One thing i did notice was that for some reason, the IP address that
> Oracle has assigned to its conf files was different to one that I had
> set for the machine. As a result I changed the IP address of the
> machine, rebooted and tried again. It sort of went pear shaped then!
> I found some info in Metalink that indicated that changing the IP
> address of a machine after the installation of 9IAS is done IS NOT
> SUPPORTED. So whether this changing of the ip address caused everything
> to then fail i am not sure.

I didn't know acquiring a different IP after the installation would result in SSORunning function error. Glad to know you solved the problem. Oracle has a workaround for installing 9iAS on a DHCP machine but they state clearly this is an unsupported option.

If you change your IP, does that bump on somebody else's on the network?

Yong Huang Received on Fri Sep 19 2003 - 09:25:37 CDT