Install new version during production

From: Gerold Krommer <g.krommer_at_doremove.fns.co.at>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:29:16 +0200

Hi,

I did a basic research on google, but did come up with nothing really matching.

I have to embark on a 8.0.4 to 8.1.7 (no, do not beat me up, it is customer dependencies) upgrade on an upcoming weekend and am currently in the planning phase. The upgrade will be one of many things that have to happen that weekend and I'm really trying to save time and do as much as I can beforehand.

Now my question: can I safely install 8.1.7 (of course in its own root) followed by patch 4 during production time and not disrupt the users ? This is for HPUX 11.0. I just guess that would save me some hours.

Thanks very much,

/Gerold Received on Fri Sep 19 2003 - 08:29:16 CDT