Standby Database and Oracle Standard Edition 9i

From: Tom K <tomk_at_projectx.com.au>
Date: 18 Sep 2003 15:51:14 -0700

Hi all,

I have a quick question on whether it is possible to set up a Standby Database (9i) using Oracle Standard Edition 9i?

I have noticed that I can only use log_archive_dest and log_archive_duplex_dest with Oracle Standard Edn and that both these can only accept a location on a drive rather than a SERVICE=stdby like you could with the log_archive_dest_n parameters.

This means that I can not transport the archive logs to the standby database using Oracle Net.

Has anyone come across this scenario before? I have created the physical standby database and placed it into managed recovery mode, but it does not feed itself the archive logs even when I copy them to the standby_archive_dest location. I need to manually perform a recovery command to get the archive logs to be applied to the standby database?

We are looking at scripting something to get this to automate the process. Unfortunately we cannot jump to Oracle Enterprise Edn which has all this automated....

Has anybody set up a Standby Database using Oracle Standard Edition?

Many thanks

Tom K Received on Thu Sep 18 2003 - 17:51:14 CDT