strange select issue

From: Tom <tomNOSPAM_at_teameazyriders.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 21:02:54 GMT

8.1.5
solaris 7

Hi,

I have a very odd issue that i can't work out and there are no hints at all from the alert log.

If i do the following..

select x from tablename order by x;

this works fine

if i do

select * from tablename order by x;

this just hangs forever. I'm suspecting its instance related as i have since dropped the user and tried to reimport their data and it also hangs. I can't find any errors being produced at all. The instance has been bounced and the box reboted. I can't find any datafiles that are at their limit of size but if they were i would expect oracle to complain lots.

any thoughts as i'm stumped now and this is now kinda urgent

thanks

Tom Received on Thu Sep 18 2003 - 16:02:54 CDT