Help on connection to Oracle with Microsoft ODBC (VB 6.0)

From: Mohammad <mhakimjavadi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Sep 2003 13:56:35 -0700

Hello

I need help!!!!

The Problem:

I am trying to setup an ODBC DSN to an Oracle 9i server that resides at
Stanford U across The Internet. I have everything set up to the best of my
knowledge correctly but when I attempt to connect via the ODBC DSN via 32-bit ODBC Test app (or any other app that supports ODBC connections for
that matter) I get the following.

"Error Number : -2147467259","Error Description : [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name"

Oh yes, I should tell you that SQL Plus 9.0.1.0.0 connects to the server fine.
Also TNSPING.EXE finds the server fine.

Thanks again. Could you please send me sample code of VB for ODBC connection to Oracle DB or give me information about oracle client setting that maybe I forgot that. Also, please email me directly at this address as well as posting inthe group.

Thanks,
Mohammad Received on Thu Sep 18 2003 - 15:56:35 CDT