Re: Physical Layout of disk to use Oracle

From: Hari Om <hari_om_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Sep 2003 09:34:39 -0700

Thanks Howard.....HATS OFF to you.....that was really a good advice....
(BTW, I also got the difference betwee members and groups...)

Here is my advancement:

disk0 --> AIX + SYSTEM TBLSP + Control File1
disk1 --> AIX + SYSTEM TBLSP + Control File1
disk2 --> REDO Log Files 1a,1b,1c + Control File2
disk3 --> REDO Log Files 2a,2b,2c + Control File3
disk4 --> ARCHIEVE + TEMP + Oracle SW

RAID 5 (disk5+disk6+disk7) --> DATA + UNDO

what do you think...is it better approach then my previous version....?

Note: Disk2 + Disk3 are each 36GB ...so do you think I am UNDERUTILIZING those disk.....?

Also, I have pushed SYSTEM TBLSPC to my MIRRORED disk0/disk1 combination....would there be any issues in that.....? Do I need to MIRROR SYSTEM TBLSPC also.....? In your last reply you mentioned SYSTEM to be in RAID 5 along with DATA....is that OK...? I read somewhere that SYSTEM "should be" separate from DATA.....correct me if I am wrong.

Any better approcah then this one is welcome....THANKS Howard.