Frequent Checkpointing ...

From: Domenic G. <domenicg_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Sep 2003 08:34:26 -0700

I was just reading the INDEX/TABLE separation thread -- how about the checkpoint myth? From my experience, it is better to checkpoint frequently and keep those disks busy at an even rate vs. delaying checkpoints for 20 minutes and then all of a sudden you've got a workload surge to disk. To me that never made sense. Checkpoint frequently, every few minutes -- keep the checkpoint workload even and steady.

Domenic. Received on Thu Sep 18 2003 - 10:34:26 CDT