Re: SQL hints/ways of enhancing sort/GROUP BY queries...

From: Domenic G. <domenicg_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Sep 2003 08:18:58 -0700

In some cases, the ORDER BY can use an index, but I would need to see a specific example.

You can also use simple aggregate materialized views that are refresh on commit ...

For example:

CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW LOG ON any_table WITH PRIMARY KEY etc etc (can't remember exact syntax)

then ...

CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW ...
REFRESH FAST ON COMMIT

SELECT <see docs for restrictions on select list>

GROUP BY ... Hope this helps ...

Domenic.