Strange: after TRUNCATE I noticed the obj# differs in a segment hdr dump

From: Spendius <spendius_at_muchomail.com>
Date: 18 Sep 2003 07:57:14 -0700

I've noticed that the line
> Map Header:: next 0x... #extents: 1 obj#: 23896 flag:...

in a trace file (resulting from an ALTER SYSTEM DUMP DATAFILE command) changes and that the value of obj# is incremented (yet nothing's changed in SYS.OBJ$ or DBA_OBJECTS -fortunately-).

Does anyone know where does this value come from/where it's stored ? (when I do SELECT name FROM sys.obj$ WHERE obj#=newValue I get "no rows selected")

Thanks. Received on Thu Sep 18 2003 - 09:57:14 CDT