Net9 and OTG 4 (Informix)

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 17 Sep 2003 23:00:00 -0700

We have an old version 4.0 OTG (Oracle Transparent Gateway) for Informix. Been working fine from Oracle 8i. I'm forcing all 8i instances to be upgraded to 9i before year-end, and now we've ran into a problem using 9i with this OTG.

Setup. 9i on HP-UX 11. OTG4 + Intersolve ODBC + Informix Online 7.2 on Solaris.

Normal db-link. It gives a failed logon error (ORA-01017). Informix userid & password are lowercase and are catered for in link creation. Exact same db link definition works in 8i.

I've had a look at the bug reports at Metalink and though there are 9i OTG/HS ones, they do not seem applicable in this case. Googling also did not turn up anything useful.

I've traced the ODBC calls gateway side, expecting to find an error. But this is the complete conversation as far as the ODBC Informix driver is concerned:
--

SQLAllocEnv(phenv00254240);
SQLFreeEnv(henv00254240);

Nothing happened. No errors of any kind, but also no SQLAllocConnect(),
SQLConnect() or SQLAllocStmt(), etc.

The right answer is likely to use 9i's HS. But that is a bit simplistic given the circumstances here (will not bore you with all the details ;-).

Any comments or suggestions? Or is 9i HS the only answer? (not that I will mind dumping that old OTG - its primitive with a not-so-nice config :-)

--

Billy Received on Thu Sep 18 2003 - 01:00:00 CDT