Re: 9.2.0.4 update and event 10195

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 23:45:02 +0200

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 19:06:52 +0200, "Volker Hetzer" <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org> wrote:

>Hi!
>After the first issues got published for the 9.2.0.4 patch set I'd like to
>give it a try too.
>However, one of the links in the known issues document ("Issues introduced
>in 9.2.0.4",
>bug 3119025) wants me to "disable the use of CHECK constraints to generate
>additional
>query predicatesby setting <EVENT:10195> to level 1."
>So, how do I do that properly?
>In the docs there have been very few examples and the "event" init parameter
>is really
>sparsely documented except for the hands off statement.
>
>Most examples use alter session but shouldn't the event be set for all
>sessions?

Yes, in the events init.ora parameter

>So, do I do "alter system set event='10195 trace name context forever, level
>1'"

If you don't want to change the init.ora, yes

>or does "alter session set events '10195 trace name context forever, level
>1'" alter
>it permanently for all future sessions?
No

>And what's this "set event='...'" vs. "set events '...'" stuff?

Inconsistent syntax, that's all

>And how do I get rid of it? Even when Tom Kyte deals with event 10053 in his
>new
>book there was nothing about getting rid of that event.
>
>So, is there an "alter system unset events" or do I set the trace level to
>zero
>or the event parameter to ''?

alter system set event='10195 trace name context off'

>All in all I could not much information on this. Is it just well hidden or
>am I
>missing something obvious?

It is 'hidden' on Metalink and it is discussed in Internals courses.

>Lots of Greetings and Thanks!
>Volker

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Sep 17 2003 - 16:45:02 CDT