Re: Linux filesystems & oracle performance

From: Tanel Poder <change_to_my_first_name_at_integrid.info>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 22:14:46 +0300

> set up with with ext2 filesystems, but I recently read that oracle
> performance on linux can be enhanced by using the ext3 or reiser
> filesystems.

Hi,
where did you read that?
I'd be interested in the article, because my understanding is that ext3 (which is basically ext2+journalling) only helps in case of server crash, that during bootup you don't have to make a full file system check. I understand that this actually doen't make anything go faster or IO to take less. And reiserf is AFAIK most effective when dealing with huge number of files (such often are webservers), since it has a tree like inode structure.

Tanel. Received on Wed Sep 17 2003 - 14:14:46 CDT